Grocery Shopping is the Enemy!

Since Matt and I have been married I have gone grocery shopping by myself only a few times. My reason for dragging my husband along is that there are too many people at the store and they leave their grocery carts in the middle of the aisle, don't watch where they are going and are just inconsiderate. 

So last night Matt tells me quite firmly that I will have to go by myself this time because he has quite a bit of homework and the house is in desperate need of food. So I gather up my will power and set out.

We like to look through the weekly ads and find the best deals and since our grocery stores don't price match (and I refuse to go to Wal-mart unless its an absolute necessity) I had to go to 3 different stores. 

My first destination was supposed to be Sunflower market to get some produce. Well, instead of going there I accidentally went to Whole Foods because I get the two of them mixed up and I didn't realize I was in the wrong store until I already had a few things in my basket and saw that these weren't the right prices that I had so carefully scouted before. So I proceeded to check out with my oranges and strawberries because I didn't want to put them back and leave to find the right store. So I left and went to my second destination.

The second store wasn't so bad. Not too many people were there and I made a friend at the pineapple stand. On our list it had the number 3 next to the pineapples and I was little confused as to why Matt wanted 3, but I got 3 anyways. I mean they were a good deal... Anyway, I then went to the third store where there were quite a few more people than the other stores but I made it out alive and then made it home.

When I got home Matt helped me unload and put everything away. When he saw the bag of pineapples he asked, "what's with all the pineapples?" I told him the list said 3 on it. He told me it meant 3 pounds not the 3 pineapples. Haha... oops. Oh well, now we have lots of yummy pineapple and we can cut it up and freeze it for later. This is why I need Matt or a grocery shopping partner friend to go with me on these excursions.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Baby Story: Unexpected Suprises

Weekly Themes. Advice Would Be Helpful.

My Cloth Diaper Experience So Far